This is one of my favorite lines from any song ever written. It happens to be from our national anthem:
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
To me, this is a perfect description of America.
During school, the kids and I have been studying American history. On the side, I've been reading a book called Seven Miracles That Saved America. I feel immersed in the history of my country like I haven't been for a while. It is clear, even in reading secular history books, that God has had a significant and deliberate hand in the development of this country. I don't believe this makes us more special or more important than people elsewhere. Rather, it gives us a responsibility to share God's great blessings of freedom and prosperity.
Right now, we face difficult times in America. Between the wars, economic difficulties, crime, and the passing of laws lacking virtue, there is plenty to worry about. Today, I was reminded of a verse from The Book of Mormon:
"And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me." (Alma 36:27)
Throughout our history, God has supported our nation under trials and troubles of every kind. If we continue to put our trust in Him, He will, without question, deliver us.
2 comments:
Excellent post! Thanks for sharing!
Nice post Megan
Post a Comment