Friday, April 27, 2012

Our latest family adventure...part 3

I got a little sidetracked and forgot to finish posting about our vacation. I'm not so sure anyone noticed. Readership isn't quite what it used to be, you know what I mean?

I've been a little preoccupied and can't remember the specifics of what we did every day. On Monday, we went to SeaWorld. The children thoroughly enjoyed it. So did I. And Chris liked it, too. It stopped raining around noon. We still got plenty wet because of the splashing killer whales and splashing roller coasters. After one roller coaster, I asked Beth if she had fun. She said, "Yes. I had so much fun. I was screaming like a girl." I asked her if she wanted to go again. She said, "NO!" quite emphatically. So I asked if she really liked it the first time. She said, "Yes. I loved it. I was screaming like a girl."

Nathan and Sarah stood as close as possible so they could let the whales soak them. They were very wet most of the day. Everything was fun. I'll just post a bunch of pictures.

At the tide pools or petting zoo or place to touch sea creatures:







The sea turtle is, well, my mother-in-law explained to me that it's like a family crest. And here is Sarah with a sea turtle.



San Diego is a pretty part of the world.


Watching a show. The kids complained that I made them go to another show. And then they watched the sea lions and they laughed and laughed. Then they thanked me because I am awesome.



Beth is waiting for the others to get off of a twirly-whirly, spinny ride that she wisely chose to skip.


Ammon and Sarah are pretending that they are going to throw-up after being on that twirly-whirly, spinny ride.


Majestic, beautiful, and large.




Nathan and Sarah waiting for the whales to splash them.

Official SeaWorld ponchos.


I like sharks.


Look out! Those giant shark jaws are about to get you! (Bethie's acting tough because she is punching the jaws.)

RUN!!!!


Awww....


Ammon's favorite animal has long been penguins. He loves them. This is the first time we've seen emporer penguins. That large, hooded shadow is actually Ammon enjoying the display.



We were watching this polar bear swim around when suddenly, he leaped onto a ledge right by the window. Nathan screamed and fell off his seat.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I still read your blog. I love the pictures and I'm a little envious.