Nathan is quite entertaining during school. He typically attacks his school assignments with the same enthusiasm he uses as he fights imaginary bad guys. I love to watch him completing his worksheets with his tongue slightly out because he's deep in concentration. Loud, demanding concentration. And he is so funny about it. I'll say, "Circle all the pictures that start with the /s/ sound." He'll obey, but then he'll come to a nest. He'll say, "But n is my favorite letter. I have to circle it." And then he'll see a yo-yo. "I like yo-yos. I can't cross it out." If I didn't watch him completing the worksheet, I'd think he has no idea what /s/ sounds like. But he knows. He's just Nathan. I'm trying to teach him the concept of following instructions, but until he learns, I'll sit next to him and enjoy his unique style of learning.
Oh my goodness. I am not telling the story I intended to tell. Let me start over.
The other day, Nathan turned the page in his math book to find an exciting page. He said, "I've been longing to do this page!" And then he said, "I don't even know what longing means!" But he used it right anyway.
Yesterday was a bad school day. There was very little in way of cooperation. I got frustrated. I said, "Nathan, please concentrate!" Nathan said, "I never concentrate!" (That is largely true.)
Then after a little pause he said, "I don't even know what concentrate means." (That could explain a lot about the way Nathan lives his cute little life.)
3 comments:
That sounds so much like how Anna does school. I've finally convinced her to just put a small x next to the picture instead of crossing it out. Nathan cracks me up.
:)
Sounds like you have an enjoyable time doing school. Very entertaining indeed.
Post a Comment