Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nathan is Six!!!

Quote of the day (on the phone with Grandma Suzie, who lives in Hawaii):
Nathan, "I opened presents, had some cake, you know, birthday stuff."

For six wonderful years, we have enjoyed Nathan. Last night, I was sorting through some old photos and I realized that Nathan has been sucking his thumb for a really long time. He has been sticking out his tongue when he's concentrating for a really long time. He's been affectionate and loving, especially with his baby sister, for a really long time. And he has been entertaining me and making me laugh for a really long time. I love this kid!!


Nathan's birth day, with Chris, Ammon, and Sarah

I didn't think you got a good look at him in that last photo. This one is when he was a couple of weeks old. Not a birthday at all, just a pretty little baby boy. 

1st birthday

2nd birthday. That's supposed to be Curious George on the cake, which remains a fitting image for Nathan. At this age, Nathan would squish up his eyes for every photo. It's pretty funny to me.

3rd birthday. I think that's meant to be Lightning McQueen.

4th birthday. Lightning McQueen and Mater. And the cutest smile ever!


5th birthday. That's a terrible Transformer, but an awesome little boy in stripedy pajamas!


And birthday #6. Um, that's meant to be Aang the last airbender, from the real Avatar. Sarah helped decorate the cake.

5 comments:

Cami said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! Wish we were there to have some of that yummy cake.

Burnhams said...

Happy Birthday! You are one cute kid!

Kathryn said...

Happy birthday to my delightful nephew!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday, Nathan. We're excited for the party tomorrow.

Laura said...

Happy birthday, Nathan! Hope you have/had a fun day worthy of your six years of being you!