On Monday night, Nathan wandered around the house with a forlorn look on his face. He couldn't find his blankie. He was so sad. Nathan's facial expressions tell all sorts of stories and emotion. The whole family searched and searched. No blanket. I called my sister's house, where Nathan had been earlier that day. No blanket. I didn't think Nathan would go to bed that night. But, luckily for us all, my brother, Michael, was over and cheered Nathan.
Tuesday came. We searched the house. We looked in every nook and cranny. Literally. Couch cushions, the playhouse, the garage, under furniture, in closets, in the bottom of toy boxes, the car, kitchen cupboards, hampers. There was no place left to look. The house is pretty clean; there's not a lot of places to lose something like a blanket. I called Rachel again. No blanket. Nathan called Rachel by himself. No blanket. He kept telling me, "I'm telling you. It's at Rachel's house." I didn't think it was. Midway through the day, Nathan said, "Mom, I'm so lonely without my blanket." The poor kid. He was lost and alone.
In the evening, we went to a thing to meet Chris. I could tell you about the thing, but perhaps you don't want to be bothered with that tangent. When we got home, it was pretty late. Michael came in and said, "Nathan, Rachel called. She found your blanket." Nathan smiled his charming smile and gave me a big hug. A huge hug. It was like the best Christmas morning ever. Unfortunately, it was too late to run over to Rachel's for the blanket. But, Nathan was brave and slept without it again.
Today, Rachel came over bringing the blanket.
Ohh, doesn't he just melt your heart? It's a good thing he's not going to public school. He would have some serious Owen issues.
4 comments:
And that blanket has held up surprisingly well through all its adventures!
How cute. Cardon has a doggie, and used to have a blanket. Now just doggie and Kaliya has a little dolly. They can not sleep with out them. Doggie used to go everywehre with us. One day we were at walmart when cardon was 2 and I wouldnt buy him a fire truck. He told me doggie was mad at me because he really wanted the fire truck. Doggie went so many places with us. I was really afraid we would lose him. Madison stays home most of the time, Its noce. But we still cant sleep without them!
Boyce is actually outgrowing his blankets a bit. He only wants them when he's really tired or going to bed. It makes me a little a sad, so yes, that picture melted my heart.
Rylee still sleeps with her blankie every night. It is so ragged it hardly can be called a blanket. She's not giving it up anytime soon.
Post a Comment