A little bit of background information:
1. If you look up the definition of germaphobe in a dictionary, it will say "Chris Woods." Chris and I have never shared a drink of water. If someone else's lips touch a cup, Chris will never drink from it. We don't eat off of each others plates or the childrens'--ever. When I first met Chris, I thought this was pretty weird (in a quirky sort of way, not a see-a-psychiatrist sort of way). But after being married to him for so long, I find it shocking, appalling, and disgusting when I see people sip out of their spouse's water glass. Ick. I have been converted.
2. Have you ever had Disneyland ice cream? If you haven't, it's worth the $72 price of admission just to buy some ice cream. ("What?" you're thinking, "Where can you find Disneyland tickets for only $72???" Oh, I say, that's just for one day, one park.) Anyhoo...ice cream. Mmmm.
This story took place when we were in Disneyland recently. (Remember how I was going to blog about that trip? Looks like it's not happening.) My brother-in-law, Nate, got himself some ice cream. When the boys (who had gone to ride the Screamer) met up with my sisters-in-law and me (who chose to hang out in the Bug's Life area with the little ones), Nate's ice cream was about half gone. I guess he got tired of it because he offered it around to anyone who wanted the rest. Chris said, "No way!" Then Nate offered it to me. Chris answered for me, "Megan will never eat out of the same bowl as you. There is no way she will eat off your spoon." But I wasn't so sure (see #2 above). I very quietly nodded to Nate and took his ice cream.
I have never seen Chris so beside himself. As I slowly and dramatically lifted Nate's spoon to my mouth, Chris (very loudly) tried to get me to stop. After I took the first bite, he said, "I can't believe you just did that. Now you need to go talk to the bishop."
I'm pretty sure he was joking. But then again (see #1 above), maybe not.
2 comments:
Your stories crack me up. I am reading it as I drink my coffee from Jeff's cup. ROFL
lol..I'm with Chris. I can't stand the thought of sharing out of the same cup or bottle. If I'm the first person to drink then I will make an exception but after that it's all over red rover. I'm hoping I would make an exception in cases of extreme dehydration...you know..last drop and all that. Makes me shiver to think about it so let's hope it never get's to that.
On the cruise we had sacrament all together (there were about 70 of us) and they didn't have enough cups so families had to share. Darryl knowing me well enough let me go first! :-)
Post a Comment