Thursday, July 29, 2010

Photos to accompany the story in the previous entry (scroll down...it's still there)

This seemed like a good, easy idea (to load a few pictures quickly before I went to bed). Unfortunately, many of the photos wouldn't load. Blogger does not like that kind of format. So, now we know. Sorry there is not a better picture of Joseph. But I'm going to bed.


Elizabeth and John Davis

Julia Davis Rawlins

Joseph Lafayette Rawlins, I think this was when he won the Senate race.

Julia in her later years. She's still quite pretty, don't you think?

The house where Joseph and Julia lived with their six children...including my grandfather, Boyce. This house still stands in Salt Lake City. It's currently used as a school. I drive by it when I can, but I've never stopped for a photo. I probably should.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Oooh. I love the old photos. You're making me think of doing a family history for my side of the family...

Janint said...

Megan,
Is that house in SLC downtown? Looks magnificent!