

I know it's not Iowa. But it is Big 12! Well, not us. Them. And by "Them," I mean Oklahoma. We had a very exciting win. And by "We," I mean BYU. I really love college football. I am glad I can enjoy it with my husband. I remember once thinking that I would like to marry someone musical--someone who could appreciate the arts. But I wanted him balanced enough to also appreciate a good football game. As with everything I wanted in a spouse, I got it. Unfortunately, when we were first married, Chris was so passionate about football that I couldn't enjoy it with him. And by "passionate," I mean yelling, cussing, getting depressed, and other emotions I associate with the Gary Crowton years. And by "the Gary Crowton years," I mean...well, if you follow college sports at all, you know what I mean. Anyway, Chris is maturing :-) and I am enjoying football again. On Saturday night we went to Iggy's Sports Grill to watch the game on the big tv. It was a perfect date night. Perfect because of the win. And because of my handsome date. I have been looking forward to this game for the better part of this year. Oklahoma! For a season opener! But as excited as I was, I was also dreading it. Going into the game, my hope was that my team not be too much of an embarrassment to the fans. And by "the fans," I mean me. My other hope was that we get out of there with very few injuries. (I'm really sad for Oklahoma's prize quarterback. You know, the Heisman winner. But it was a clean hit, just bad luck.) I might not sound like a true fan, but I am a practical fan. And winning was remarkable.
All together now: Rise and shout the Cougars are out along the trail to fame and glory!
4 comments:
Rise and shout our cheers will ring out as you unfold your vict'ry story!!!
Raw, raw, raw, raw, raw, GOOOOOOO COUGARS!!!
See, I have to do it here because I get in trouble for it at my house.
I have SOOO been there with you in the Gary Crowton years....my husband too is very "passionate" about his Cougs. All I can say is it has been a wonderful weekend because of this win. Now my husband is just a "tad" upset because he thinks BYU is not getting the respect they deserve for this win. All anyone is talking about is Oklahomas loss according to him. Anyway, lets hope for a good year...because a good football year for BYU= VERY happy husbands!!!!!
Go Cougs!
LOL. Glad you having such a great time enjoying the games.
Post a Comment