Follow the Prophet
We just finished a delightful day being instructed by the leaders of our church. Last week, my daughter and I invited some friends to attend the General Women's Meeting with us. They couldn't come, but my friend responded, "I'm very curious what will be said at a denomination wide event." I have been thinking about that all week. We have denomination wide events every six months. I don't think I take it for granted. I am one who sits still and takes notes while I listen to General Conference. I try to read the talks and familiarize myself with the teachings. I make goals based on what I hear. Even so, because of the frequency of our worldwide events, I forget exactly how special they are. Ours is possibly the only church in the world that regularly holds global meetings. What a blessing it is for me to hear and follow a living prophet.
And now I get to my life philosophy. This one is most definitely religious. I follow the living prophet. I am grateful to have apostles on the earth who testify boldly of the Savior and His mission. I am grateful that the prophets can clearly and plainly see the challenges I face, the questions I have, and then teach the perspective of eternity. I know that it is because Jesus Christ leads the church through revelation that the teachings of the prophets are so relevant, bold, and powerful.
I gained a solid testimony of a living prophet during my freshman year at college. I chose at that time to always stay close to the teachings of the prophets. I have kept this goal to the best of my ability. It's not always easy, but it is always right.
There is safety and peace in following the prophet.
No comments:
Post a Comment