God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.
Have you used one to say "thank you?"
~William A. Ward
I thought it was appropriate to use a quote about the number of seconds in a day since, today, I am grateful for what time it is. It's Daylight Savings time! I think officially, it's the end of Daylight Savings. But, truth be told, I can never remember which half of the year is normal time and which half is Daylight Savings. Either way, tonight I get an extra hour.
I forgot it was Daylight Savings until about 8:45 p.m. At that time, I was trying desparately to get the children to bed. They're so tired and a little grumpy and Sunday morning comes early. Then I realized: I could pretend it was really only 7:45!! What a relief! I chose not to tell anybody. But I was a little gleeful. And then I considered not changing my clock yet so that I could get up an hour later and think I got more sleep. Instead, I stayed up an hour later than I ought to. I'm so excited by the prospect of extra sleep that I can't sleep!
By the way, this blog might say that it was posted on Sunday, but it's still Saturday to me because I already changed my clock! And by the other way, there is no way I'll be thankful for Daylight Savings come spring! But I just spent a long, quiet evening being grateful for this crazy thing we do with our clocks and I am grateful for the gift of an hour. (No matter how many times I read about Benjamin Franklin's brilliant idea, I don't get it. It's pretty crazy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment