To truly reverence the Creator, we must appreciate his creations.
We need to plan to take time to observe the marvels of nature. . . .
All the marvels of nature are glimpses of his divine power and expressions of his love.
--M. Russell Ballard
I think that the quote I used here from Elder Ballard sums up my gratitude tonight. I am grateful for the beauty of the earth around us. In the past few months, we have hiked to Timpanogos Cave, taken a road trip through Yellowstone, driven through southern Utah's amazing canyons, and we also went to Las Vegas. I like the Joshua trees in Nevada. And there are sometimes nice sunsets. Anyway, even though these places are close together geographically, the views are so diverse. God has given us variety and beauty sometimes for no other reason than to "please the eye and to gladden the heart" (Doctrine and Covenants 59:18). The beauty of God's creations make me very happy and grateful. I know that God lives and that He loves me. One of the primary ways I feel His love is by enjoying His creations.
I really love it when one of my little children runs to get me so I can come see a sunset. I love it when they search for shapes in the clouds--and identify the cloud types. Today, Beth (who is 5) gasped as she looked out our front window. "Mom, look at the mountains! They're so pretty." I am grateful for God's creations and grateful that my children are aware of the beauty.
This is the view from our front porch: (It's not from today. There are fewer leaves today.)

No comments:
Post a Comment