Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving thanks...

Regardless of our circumstances, each of us has much for which to be grateful
if we will but pause and contemplate our blessings.
--Thomas S. Monson

Instead of mentioning just one thing, I'm going to list 10 little things that I am grateful for today.
  1. I made some pies for Thanksgiving. I enjoy making pies. I like making pie crust from scratch. And I usually make pretty pies. They're so tasty, too. I am grateful my mom taught me to bake.
  2. I am soooo grateful Chris came up and helped me clean up my pie-making mess. It was about 11:15 p.m. I was tired and stiff. Note to self: don't wait until after the kids go to bed to start making pies. Note to Christopher: Thanks for your help!!
  3. During school today, Nathan was in a terrible mood. He complained about everything. I physically carried him back to the school room and handed him a math worksheet. He took it into the other room, where it's quiet. He returned it about 5 minutes later--all 50 problems completed correctly. He was excited and cheerful and diligently completed the rest of his assignments. I was grateful for his change of attitude.
  4. Chris has an opportunity to perform next week (it's a job). So, he's been practicing. I enjoy hearing him sing and play his guitar. I am grateful for his talents.
  5. I am grateful the kids have a really good friend. I am grateful this good friend's mother lets him invite three of my kids over to play quite often. 
  6. Sarah spent considerable time today humming and making Thanksgiving cards for each of our expected guests tomorrow. I am grateful for her creativity.
  7. Ammon comes up with scientific theories several times a day. Today they were about static electricity. He experimented his theories with a balloon and the hair on his head. Sometimes his theories are a little more complicated. I am grateful for his curiosity and love of discovery.
  8. Beth got new toy dishes for her birthday. She makes me elaborate meals consisting of her favorite foods: mashed potatoes, chicken noodle soup, and more. I can't think of what else. I'm really tired from all that pie making. Anyway, I'm grateful for her imagination.
  9. You're probably thinking to yourself that I already spent an entire day being thankful for each kid so I shouldn't have done it again today. But guess what? I'm thankful for them everyday. Guess who else I'm thankful for? My parents. I have great parents. I love them and appreciate them.
  10. I am thankful for my Savior. I know I need Him and I know I can trust Him. This is not a little thing, by the way.
 

No comments: